The North Shore is a hotspot for music and entertainment. With a wide array of venues and restaurants hosting an eclectic mix of musicians and performers, you can have a great time listening to live music just about every day of the week. Here are some of our favorite venues and some of the music they’ll be hosting soon.*
*This page is updated throughout the month to include newly added shows.
The Cabot – 286 Cabot St, Beverly, MA
This historic theatre and music venue opened its doors in December of 1920 as a home for silent films and vaudeville performances. In the 100 years since its beginning, the purpose of the theatre hasn’t changed much. The Cabot still produces great programming for a variety of tastes and interests. This month on The Cabot’s menu you’ll find Swing, Folk, Classic Rock, New Classical and much more.
- Mike Girard’s Big Swinging Thing – Saturday, February 1 @ 8:00 pm
- Ants On A Log – Saturday, February 8 @ 10:30 am
- Jim Brickman – Saturday, February 8 @ 8:00 pm
- Valentine’s Day with Juanito Pascual Trio with Special Guests Stan Strickland and Dancer Neli Tirado – Friday, February 14 @ 8:00 pm
- The Wailers – Saturday, February 15 @ 8:00 pm
- Jake Shimabukuro – Friday, February 21 @ 8:00 pm
- Eric Johnson Classics: Present and Past – Friday, February 28 @ 8:00 pm
- TUSK – Saturday, February 29 @ 8:00 pm
ChagallPAC – Artists Row, 24 New Derby St, Salem
The Chagall Performance Art Collective (ChagallPAC) is a community of artists committed to collaborating across the disciplines and exploring the ways humans experience and create art. In 2019, they launched a series of interdisciplinary art salons where makers, artists, musicians, and performers could come together and share their unique talents. Recently, they started hosting an open mic night.
- Fretted Fridays Open Mic – First Fridays @ 7:30 pm
Koto – 90 Washington Street, Salem
Located in downtown Salem, MA, Koto is not your average sushi bar. Although it does boast exceptional sushi, great food, and delicious drinks, what Koto really excels at is its underground punk, industrial, and goth music scene.
- Graviton |My Missing Half | Left Hand Backwards – Friday, February 7 @ 9:00 pm
- Green Sabbath | Aces High | Vernon Rowe – Saturday, February 8 @ 9:00 pm
- Everything Dies | Master of Beers | Baphomettes | Pink Mahalares – Friday, February 14 @ 9:00 pm
- Set Fire | The Gala | Motel Black | Gene Dante | The Future Starlets – Saturday, February 21 @ 9:00 pm
- DARQ w/ DJ Krool & Vudu:DJ – Saturday, February 22 @ 9:30 pm
- HellBent | ArcticHorror | DiscoRice – Friday, February 28 @ 9:00 pm
Opus Underground – 87 Washington St, Salem, MA 01970
Right across the street from Koto in downtown Salem is the popular music venue Opus Underground. Upstairs you dine in style, but downstairs at Opus it’s a different flavor every night. You can catch Open Mics on Wednesdays, Reggae on Thursdays, and Rock, Punk, and Alternative through the weekend.
- Dandrew – Saturday, February 1 @ 8:30 pm
- Your Favorite Colour, Triton Taylor, and Sway – Thursday, February 6 @ 9:00pm
- Boomsoss – Friday, February 7 @ 9:00 pm
- Lux Lives – Saturday, February 8 @ 9:00 pm
- Mo Bounce – Friday, February 14 @ 9:00 pm
- Gary Backstrom Band – Friday, February 15 @ 9:00 pm
- Stagnater, Geisterfahrer, The Terry O’Reilly Factor – Thursday, February 20 @ 9:00 pm
- Big Ol’ Dirty Bucket – Saturday, February 22 @ 9:00 pm
- Dub Apocalypse – Friday, February 28 @ 9:00 pm
- Five Against None – Saturday, February 29 @ 9:00 pm
Gulu Gulu Cafe – 247 Essex St, Salem, MA
A great place for beer and dog lovers alike, Gulu Gulu Cafe has long been known for its great music. Established in 2007, Gulu Gulu is a European-style cafe that boasts great drinks, delicious food, and live music and entertainment almost every day of the week. At Gulu Gulu, you’ll find Vinyl nights, singer-songwriters, jazz, and lots more. It just depends on the week.
- Gulu Gulu Open Mic Shindig – Thursdays at 8:00 pm
- Friday Night Spins – Fridays at 9:00 pm
- Lynn Manderson and the Madd Hatter – Saturday, February 1 @ 9:00 pm
- Kilough & Co. – Saturday, February 8 @ 9:00 pm
- Poor Howard Stith – Saturday, February 15 @ 9:00 pm
- Lindsay Mower – Saturday, February 22 @ 9:00 pm
- Amy Kucharik – Saturday, February 29 @ 9:00 pm
Peabody Black Box – 22 Foster Street Peabody, MA
A brand new addition to the North Shore, the Peabody Black Box – located behind ArcWorks Community Art Center – has started to bring some great events to this part of the North Shore. So far they’ve featured Drag Queen Bingo and local theatre productions alongside excellent music. Here’s what they’ve got coming up this week.
- Young Sinatra – Friday, February 14 @ 7:00 pm
Beauport Hotel – 55 Commercial St, Gloucester, MA
The beautiful Beauport Hotel is nestled along some of the most extraordinary North Shore coastline. In addition to the hotel’s 94 rooms, a restaurant, and a rooftop pool, it also plays host to some excellent music. Its ongoing 1606 music series on Wednesday and Thursday evenings brings in performers from all over New England.
1606 Live Music Series – Wednesdays and Thursdays @ 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 5 – Fil Pacino
- Thursday, February – 6 Nick Consone
- Wednesday, February 12 – Peter Tentindo
- Thursday, February 13 – Chris Fritz Grice
- Wednesday, February 19 – AJ Edwards
- Thursday, February 20 – Mari Martin
- Wednesday, February 26 – Brick Park Duo
- Thursday, February 27 – Ditto
Bent Water Brewing Company – 180 Commercial St #18, Lynn
Located right in the heart of the developing Lynn Waterfront District, Bent Water Brewing Co.’s taproom hosts twice-weekly live music. Fridays are acoustic music and Saturdays are an eclectic mix of local and regional music. Listen to live music, drink great beer, and grab food from the food trucks that swing through there at one of Lynn’s best Breweries.
- Acoustic Fridays – Fridays @ 6:00 pm
- Santigo, Latin Night – Saturday, February 1 @ 8:30 pm
- Judes & The Hutch – Saturday, February 22 @ 8:30 pm
Hawthorne Hotel – 18 Washington Square W, Salem:
Salem’s Historic Hawthorne Hotel draws tourists from all over the world to stay in its rooms. But what most people don’t know is the hotel’s Nat’s Tavern is a music venue too. On Friday and Saturday nights, performers play for diners from 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Brian Maes – Thursday, February 6 @ 5:30 pm
- Claude Fornier – Friday, February 7 @ 5:30 pm
- Steve Belgiornio – Saturday, February 8 @ 5:30 pm
- Chris Rudel – Friday, February 13 @ 5:30 pm
- Steve Belgiornio – Saturday, February 14 and Sunday, February 15@ 5:30 pm
- Brian Maes – Thursday, February 20 @ 5:30 pm
- Callie Hughes – Friday, February 21 @ 5:30 pm
- Claude Fornier – Saturday, February 22 @ 5:30 pm
- Brian Maes – Thursday, February 27 @ 5:30 pm
- Witch City’s Dueling Pianos – Thursday, February 27 @ 7:15 pm
- Steve Belgiornio – Friday, February 28 @ 5:30 pm
- Claude Fornier – Saturday, February 29 @ 5:30 pm
15 Walnut – 15 Walnut Rd, South Hamilton, MA:
This cozy South Hamilton tavern is a great spot for seafood and great drinks. The atmosphere feels like you’re sitting in your own living room, except the food is better and so is the music. The tavern hosts live acoustic Thursdays at 7:00 pm.
East Coast Regiment Beer Co. – 30 Church St. Salem – NEW
Opened in 2019, East Coast Regiment is hitting its stride creating great craft brews and hosting new and exciting events. Formed by two military veterans Scott and Josh, East Coast Regiment is a perfect spot to kick back, have some brews, and listen to good music.
- Music W/ Two Drunk Nights – Friday, February 28 @ 6:00 PM
Why Support Creative North Shore? Help us Prevent a Paywall!
Creative North Shore is a FREE program. We are dedicated to keeping you up to date on the latest arts and culture events, cultural news and creative happenings on the North Shore, and we need your help to not create a paywall for content. Thank you for reading, and if you’d like to support our efforts directly, considering joining the Collective Club (and win free stuff!), sign up for a recurring contribution in any amount, or If you would like to see your events and Information show up here please consider becoming an individual or corporate business member.