The North Shore is a hotspot for music and entertainment. With a wide array of venues and restaurants hosting an eclectic mix of musicians and performers, you can have a great time listening to live music just about every day of the week. Here are some of our favorite venues and some of the music they’ll be hosting soon.
The Cabot – 286 Cabot St, Beverly, MA
This historic theatre and music venue opened its doors in December of 1920 as a home for silent films and vaudeville performances. In the 100 years since its beginning, the purpose of the theatre hasn’t changed much. The Cabot still produces great programming for a variety of tastes and interests. This week on the Cabot’s menu includes classical and blues performances alongside an incredibly alternative group of Scottish-inspired musicians.
- Tab Benoit – Friday, March 8 @ 8:00 pm
- Red Hot Chilli Pipers – Saturday, March 9 @ 8:00 pm
- Symphony by the Sea Presents: Glorious Vienna – Sunday, March 10 @ 3:00 pm
- Melvin Seals & JGB – Friday, March 15 @ 8:00 pm
Koto – 90 Washington Street, Salem, MA
Located in downtown Salem, MA, Koto is not your average sushi bar. Although it does boast exceptional sushi, great food, and delicious drinks, what Koto really excels at is its underground punk, industrial, and goth music scene. Coming up in the next two weeks are Siren’s Women in Music presented by Darq, acoustic sessions, and some riotous punk.
- Sirens Women in Music – Saturday, March 9 @
- Forever Autumn, 40 Million Feet, The Perfect Trip (Acoustic Sessions) -Sunday, March 10 @
- Good Fiction, Smilin’ Isaac, Phil Cambra, The Shirts&Shoes – Friday, March 15 @ 9:30pm
The Larcom – 13 Wallis St, Beverly, MA
- Scarab – The Journey Experience – Friday, March 8 @ 8:00 pm
- Benise – Fuego! The Spirit of Spain – Sunday, March 24 @ 7:30 pm
Opus Underground – 87 Washington St, Salem, MA 01970
Right across the street from Koto in downtown Salem is the popular music venue Opus Underground. Upstairs you dine in style, but downstairs at Opus it’s a different flavor every night. You can catch Open Mics on Wednesdays, Reggae on Thursdays, and Rock, Punk, and Alternative through the weekend.
- Reggae Night with Soul Rebel Project – Thursday, March 7 @
- Big Ol’ Dirty Bucket – Friday, March 8 @
- Space Floyd – Pink Floyd Tribute – Saturday, March 9 @ 9:00pm
Gulu Gulu Cafe – 247 Essex St, Salem, MA
A great place for beer and dog lovers alike, Gulu Gulu Cafe has long been known for its great music. Established in 2007, Gulu Gulu is European-style cafe which boasts great drinks, delicious food, and live music and entertainment almost every day of the week. At Gulu Gulu you’ll find Vinyl nights, singer-songwriters, jazz, and lots more. It just depends on the week.
- Corin Ashley – Friday, March 8 @ 9:00 pm
- The Cast Irons – Saturday, March 9 @
- Songwriters in the Round – Thursday, March 14 @ 9:00 pm
- Zoey Pierce -Friday, March 15 @ 9:00 pm
Peabody Black Box – 22 Foster Street Peabody, MA
A brand new addition to the North Shore, the Peabody Black Box – located behind ArcWorks Community Art Center – has started to bring some great events to this part of the North Shore. So far they’ve featured Drag Queen Bingo and local theatre productions alongside excellent music. Here’s what they’ve got coming up this week.
- Song Blizzard Showcase – Saturday March 9 @ 6:30
Beauport Hotel – 55 Commercial St, Gloucester, MA
The beautiful Beauport Hotel is nestled along some of the most extraordinary North Shore coastline. In addition to the hotel’s 94 rooms, a restaurant, and a rooftop pool, it also plays host to some excellent music. Its ongoing 1606 music series on Wednesday and Thursday evenings brings in performers from all over New England.
- Wednesday, March 6 – AJ Edwards
- Thursday, March 7 – Megan Wolf
- Wednesday, March 13 – Brick Park Duo
- Thursday, March 14 – Ditto
- Wednesday, March 20 – Fil Pacino
- Thursday, March 21 – Nick Consone
- Wednesday, March 27 – Matt Jackson
- Thursday, March 28 – Liam Anistasia Murphy