Editor’s Note: If you feel like something is missing from the list, send our editor a message at email@example.com to let us know.
Valentine’s Day is less than 2 weeks away, and whether you’re into the romantic part of that or not, you can take advantage of some of the treats of the season – including the very popular (and social distance friendly!) Salem’s So Sweet Chocolate and Ice Sculpture Festival.
Here is your Valentine’s Day Guide to greeting cards, gifts, treats, stays, and fun this February. And don’t worry, we’ve included Lupercalia* and Anti and Alt-Valentine’s delights as well – just look for the 🐺 or the 💔 .
Gifts are great regardless of the season. So if you’re picking up a little something for your sweetie or for yourself, why not shop local and support area businesses and makers at the same time.
- Fuzzy Little Hearts from Salter’s Point Provisions ($7)
- 🐺 Howling Wolf Candle from Beverly Bees ($18)
- 💔 Awkward Conversation Heart Candy Plush from Bats in the Belfry Crafts ($8)
- Love Note Heart Dish from Moody’s Home and Gifts ($9)
- Creature from the black lagoon boy felt art doll from Holly’s Making Stuff ($42)
Flowers and Gift Boxes
- Gift Box or Floral Subscription from Helios Floral (Prices Vary)
- Valentine’s Bouquet from from Magnolia Blooms (Prices Vary – Orders start 1/18)
- 🐺 Werewolf Print from Chloe’s Good Stuff ($15)
- Otterly Romantic – The Original Otters Holding Hands Print from When Guinea Pigs Fly ($15)
Trinkets and Wearables
- Light Purple Heart Trinket Dish from Studio Feron ($15)
- Luna Rose Pendant from Coven Beauty Company ($40)
- 🐺 Wolf Pendant from Vampfangs ($22)
- 💔 American Psycho Chainsaw Ringer from Die with Your Boots On ($30)
- Crushed Heart Necklace from Digs Enamels ($45)
- LOVE* Spell Bottle Necklace from Ghost Wolf Handmade ($42)
- Tiny Heart Ring from Hypnovamp ($28)
- Happy as a Clam Boxes from Perfectly Imperfect Gift Shop ($8)
- Love Letter Earrings-14k Rose Gold from Jenni Stuart Fine Jewelry ($380)
- The Love Birds Necklace by Erstwilder from Modern Millie ($46)
Warmth and Snuggery
- 🐺 Howling Wolves Quilt from Sewbaloo ($190)
Pampering and Self-Care
- Self-Love Bath Fizzy ~ Rose and Patchouli from Nine of Cups Bathing Co. ($7)
- Love Yourself Offering Kit from Coon’s Cards and Gifts ($29)
- Gift card to Freedom Massage (Prices vary)
- Bath Soak from Soul City Yoga ($12)
For more options, check out these virtual markets:
Darksome Art & Craft Market – February 5th and 6th
Market of the Beast – February 5th-7th
Make a Statement with Window Art by Flourish Artistic Services
Everyone likes a note, whether it’s full of sweet nothings or a STEAM gift card.
- “I Heart You” Greeting Card from Emporium 32 ($5.50)
- Love is Love Greeting Card from m.ink studios ($3.00)
Or Consider picking up one of these in-store options:
- pARCels by Northeast ARC
- GRIMDROPS Greetings Cards at District Trading Company
- Coon’s Cards and Gifts
- Copper Dog Books
- Roost & Company
Wine, Chocolate, Tasty bites, and Pampering are a surefire way to beat the winter blues. And they can be romantic too, or just for you!
- Box of Fatties from Goodnight Fatty
- Truffle Sampler Box from Kakawa Chocolate House
- Assorted Chocolates from Maria’s Sweet Somethings
- Macarons from Jolie Tea Company
- Rose Confit from Roseadela’s ($10)
- Custom Valentine’s Cupcakes from The Sugar Connection Bake Shop ($14-$18)
Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to get out of the house and take a staycation at one of these North Shore hotels.
- Briar Barn Inn’s Winter Retreat Package
- Hawthorne Hotel’s Valentine’s Day Package
- Hotel Salem Staycation
- A Night at the Hampton Inn Salem
- A Seaside Romance at Beauport Gloucester
- A Cozy Retreat at the Salem Waterfront Hotel
The Salem’s So Sweet Chocolate and Ice Sculpture Festival will be going on for two full weeks at the start of February. Head to their website to see how you can join in the fun and make the most of the event.
But the festival isn’t all that’s happening! Check out these events below:
- 💔 Anti-Valentine Tour with Salem Night Tour (Multiple Dates)
- Valentine’s Day Craft-Along with Boston Public Library (Wednesday, February 10th) – Virtual
- 🐺 Cave of the Lupercalia with Christopher Penczak (Thursday, February 11th) – Virtual
- Heart Connections: An Exploration of Movement, Art, & Self-Love at Creative Spirit (Thursday, February 11th) – Virtual
- Valentine’s Sound Healing for the Soul with Lisa Kawski (Sunday, February 14th) – Virtual
- VALENTINE’S DAY Ballad Sing Live From the Mermaid’s Tavern with Digital Heritage Counseling (Sunday, February 14th) – Virtual
- Mini-Movers Virtual Valentine’s Day Dance Party (Sunday, February 14th) – Virtual
Creative North Shore is powered by Creative Collective. Creative Collective fosters growth, sustainability and scalability for small businesses, creative thinkers, organizations, entrepreneurs and innovators. We service the game changers, community leaders, municipalities and everyone that understands the importance of the creative workforce.
To find out more or to see what it means to be a member of Creative Collective —> https://www.creativecollectivema.com/join