From Destination Salem
This month, we’re highlighting local businesses as part of our #StayLocal campaign. Scroll to the bottom for more information.
WHO: Salem Mayor Kim Driscoll, Destination Salem Director Kate Fox, and Salem Main Streets Director Kylie Sullivan
WHAT: Salem Mayor Kim Driscoll, Salem Main Streets Director Kylie Sullivan, and Destination Salem Director Kate Fox will stroll through downtown Salem touring local businesses and viewing the many unique local gifts. They will spend approximately 10-15 minutes at each shop exploring their creative wares and meeting with shop representatives.
This kicks off the #StayLocalSalem campaign, which encourages people to shop local in 2020 and will include a resident mailing, and a customer rewards “punch card” program.
Downtown Salem area shops in the following order:
- Artists’ Row – Businesses include Beverly Bees, Shindig, Creative Blocks, and Chagall Music.
- Wicked Good Books – Local, independent bookseller offering online and in-person shopping for the holidays.
- District Trading – Small business that began in the Artists’ Row incubator space in 2019 and expanded to permanent space in 2020.
- Moody’s Home and Gifts – Small business that expanded during 2020 and is offering online and in-person shopping, featuring locally sourced goods.
- Artemisia Botanicals – Small business that has been part of Salem’s retail community for more than 20 years.
- Merry & Bright (Pickering Wharf) – A newer shop, Merry & Bright features Holiday ornaments for all tastes and interests.
Friday, November 20
Time: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Join the conversation and support local and small businesses at @DESTSALEM, @SALEMMAINSTREETS, using hashtags #STAYLOCALSALEM, #SALEMMA, #STAYLOCAL2020, @MayorDriscoll
SHOP LOCAL! Support the small businesses that make up your community and are owned by your friends, neighbors, and fellow community members.
If you are a business and are interested in being part of this initiative please visit creativecollectivema.com/join and sign up for our comprehensive business program!
#staylocallynn • #staylocalsalem • #staylocalpeabody • #staylocalbeverly • #staylocalmarblehead
We wanted to shine a spotlight on many of the small businesses that make up the fabric of our communities and support them as much as we can throughout the Winter.
Stay tuned to this event for information on businesses throughout the North shore. We will be highlighting the humans behind the small businesses, showcasing specials and promotions, and also curating experiences that will make your local shopping even better!A priority this year will be to educate consumers on the safety protocols that so many of our fantastic businesses have implemented in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.