Last updated November 24th.
Sure you’ve made a list of potential stocking stuffers and you’re planning to shop Small Business Saturday markets…but sometimes it’s fun to think outside the gift box when it comes to picking up presents for your loved ones.
We’ve selected some gift and experiences and ideas from local small businesses for those who like to be a little more hands on, who are the doers and the movers who tend to enjoy making memories as much or more than owning things, or for the people you really just have no idea what to get this Holiday season.
Experiences and Tickets
- 🎭 Season passes to North Shore Music Theatre: 5 show and 3 show discount holiday packages are now on sale.
- 🎟️ Concert tickets from The Cabot: Pick up tickets for any of the many concerts and live events happening at the Cabot in 2022
- 🎀 Broom Making at the Witchery: Learn how to make your own broom from scratch, and leave Salem with a memorable, hands-on experience!
- ❄️ Snow or mermaid princess visit (virtual or in-person!) from Inevitable Betrayal Cosplay: Inevitable Betrayal Cosplay is friends with Princess Ariel and Queen Anna, and they’d love to sing, craft, and dance with your little royalty! Available for in person (she’s fully vaccinated and boosted) or Zoom parties.
- 📷 Costumed Portrait Sessions with Witch Pix: Award-winning costume photo studio and Salem tourist destination since 2003
- ❤️ Valentine’s Day Photo Op and Workshop with Grace and Diggs: details coming soon!
- ✨ Special Experiences for kids from The Good Witch of Salem: full 2022 events calendar coming soon!
- 💐 DIY Flower Workshops with Magnolia Blooms: Follow the event calendar to stay in the loop
- ✂️ Learn to Knit with Circle of Stitches: If you’ve never knit before, this class is for you! Come learn a new craft!
- 🍷 Special Offerings from Lucille Wine Shop: Lucille Wine Shop is pleased to offer Tastings, Gift Packs, Champagne Club memberships and more!
- 👑 Elf or Royal Visit/Zoom singalong from Spark a Dream Princess Parties: High Quality Character Entertainment That Makes Magic With Every Visit. Invite Them To Your Event And Watch The Story Come Alive
- ✨ Character visit from Cari of Infinity & Beyond Character Entertainment!: Give your kid a chance to have their best day ever!
- 🎨 Painted Portrait from Bobbie Bush Portrait Artist: Painted portraits can be created from either their photographic sittings, or from the photographs you send to them
- 📫 Custom Signs and Hand Lettering from m.ink studios: m.ink can use a design you already have or create something new!
- 📸 Ex Animo Sessions from Lux et Umbra: Creative, immersive portrait experiences that witness and celebrate change and transformation in all its forms. If you book an Ex Animo session before Dec 25, they will donate donate $50 to The Open Door and give you a 10% discount on your session:
- 💆 Massage, Polarity, or Reiki from Serendipitous Souls: Holistic healing practice offering various modalities of massage, reiki, polarity therapy, guided meditation, vision boards, and oracle readings.
- 📸 Portrait Photography from Susanna Bothe Photography: Boston area lifestyle and portrait photographer
- 🐶 Pet Portrait Photoshoots from FrogBailey: FrogBailey is a roving photography studio capturing pets and humans in their natural settings.
Are you a Greater Boston/North Shore creative small business with an offering that should be included on this list? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2021 Gift Experience.”
Creative Collective’s 2021 #StayLocal Campaign
Initiative encourages community to shop small and support local small businesses this November and December
The approaching Holiday season is putting people in the shopping, eating, and drinking mood as small businesses across the North Shore are gearing up for the busiest time of the year. Following up the successful 2020 #StayLocal campaign, Creative Collective is launching #StayLocal2021, encouraging individuals to shop and support small this upcoming holiday season. Learn more.