On Thursday, August 27th North Shore Pride hosted their second Community Forum this year: Violence Against the Transgender Community. The event featured discussion about prominent Transgender issues with panelists fielding questions from the community about their personal experiences with Transphobia and violence. They also came up with action items that North Shore Pride examines on their weekly blog.
- Reverend Dr. Andre Bennett, Mt Zion Church
- Erica Perez: The Network LaRed Staff Member
- Alishia Quellette: Transgender Advocate, Retired Peabody Firefighter
- Laura Assade: LGBTQ Liazon for the City of Salem
- Syd Sennett: Transgender Advocate, Board member North Shore Pride and Peer Leader for nAGLY
- Grace Rousseau: Veteran Educator, Past President of the City of the Lakes Cross Gender Community, Advisor to GSAs
- Kaden Mohamed: MTPC Steering Committee member and Transgender Advocate
- Hope Watt-Bucci, President of North Shore Pride as Moderator
Creative Collective provided tech support from this event.
Their next event is on September 24 at 7:00 pm.
- New England Today’s Guide to New England’s Black Businesses
- Black Lives Matter Boston
- Black Visions
- The Okra Project
- Black Trans Travel Fund
- Emergency Release Fund
- The Marsha P. Johnson Institute
- Justice in June