This month, Creative Collective is celebrating Women’s History Month!* Follow along as we tell the stories of women small business owners and woman-led organizations.
March is Women’s History Month – and there are several ways to celebrate, learn, and discover in the coming weeks. Here is our roundup of events on the North Shore and in greater Boston celebrating the women, femmes/fems, non-binary, agender, genderqueer, transgender, and two-spirit individuals in our communities.
If you have an event you would like to have added to this list, please send our editor a message at email@example.com
*For us, women’s history is intersectional, because it’s impossible to separate the challenges, and victories, of women’s history and women’s rights apart from other issues of women’s lives like race, class, disability, age, sexual orientation, trans and cisgender identity, citizenship status, and body size, to name a few.
Women’s History Month Events
- Mary Harrod Northend: The Tireless Traditionalist | The House of the Seven Gables | Ongoing
- Exhibition – Made It: The Women Who Revolutionized Fashion | Peabody Essex Museum | Ongoing until March 14th
- VERSE/VISUAL | Downtown Ipswich | March 5th – April 30th
- FOLD: Online Figure Drawing with Figure On Diversity & Fat Life Drawing! | Figure on Diversity | Saturday, March 6 @ 12pm
- Soul Wear, Online Workshop | LASS Stylist and Creative Spirit | Sunday, March 7th @ 1:00 pm
- Boston Area IWD Virtual Brunch | Boston- Area IWD Planning Committee | Monday, March 8 @ 11:30 am
- Intersectional Identities in the Archive: Celebrating Our Black, Queer Voices | Salem State University | Monday, March 8th @ 11:00 am
- The Life and Impact of Calendar Girl Ruth Finley | Peabody Essex Museum | Wednesday, March 10th @ 7:00 pm
- ‘Machinal’ by Sophie Treadwell | Salem State University | March 11-March 18
- Give Voice: Poetry in Response to The Salem Witch Trials 1692 | Peabody Essex Museum | March 20 @ 7:00 pm
- PEM Dialogues with Sarah Lewis | Peabody Essex Museum | Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 5 pm
- Lauren Willig: Band of Sisters | Salem Athenaeum | Thursday, March 25 @ 7:00 pm
- I Am Enough: A Virtual Retreat for Women | The Artful Life Counseling Center and Studio | Friday, Mar 26, 2021 @ 6:30pm
- The Marble Flock–when Salem lived in Rome | History Alive, Inc. | March 14 & March 28 @ 8:00 pm
- Badass Women who Inspire Us | Tradewinds Learning | Monday, March 15 @ 7:30
- Salem’s Indigenous Women’s History Lecture | Witch House/Pioneer Village | Sunday, March 28th @ 12:00 pm
- Unsung Heroes: Black Women in Essex County | Salem Maritime NHS and Essex Heritage | Sunday, March 28th @ 1:30 pm
- Female Winemakers Wine Tasting | Lucille’s Wine Shop | March 30 – April 3
- Four Centuries of Salem Women | Historic New England’s Phillips House | Wednesday, March 31 @ 5:30 pm
Virtual Hats & Heels High Tea | North Shore Juneteenth Association | May 8th @ 4:00 pm
This month, Creative Collective is celebrating Women’s History Month! Follow along as we tell the stories of women small business owners and woman-led organizations.
And make sure to use the hashtags #shareHERstory, #shareTHEIRstory*, or #shareXYRstory to highlight the women, the femmes/fems, and the non-binary/genderqueer individuals in your community who have and are continuing to inspire you.