Anna Dugan of Annadidathing is a Filipina American mural artist, illustrator, and weirdo extraordinaire based in Salem, MA. She joins Joey on the podcast to talk about the Mariposa Project, why failure is important, and what it means to create from within.
In February of this year, Anna partnered with Creative Collective and the North Shore Mall to raise support for those affected by the eruption of the Taal Volcano in the Philippines. Anna live painted a mural on a grid of 9 Balikbayan Boxes which, once they dried, were filled with goods and supplies to be sent to those affected regionally.
The mural she painted held the phrase We are not defined by our hardships. But by our resilience.
Which is something which is especially relevant at the moment.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Increase Your Podcabulary with these Great Local Listens
- Get Inspired: Creative Collective Members Create Through Quarantine
- Shop from Your Couch with These Great Brands and Makers North of Boston
- Kapwa: Shared Identity and Giving Back with Annadidathing, House of Roulx, and Salem Style
- The Year in Photos: Diversity in Art and Community with Creative Collective
The Chaos Within is a podcast celebrating the weird, the wild, and the creative – featuring makers, doers, artists, and oddballs exploring the unknown and tapping into their creative energy.
Creative North Shore is produced, curated and managed by Creative Collective, we are trying really hard to make sure that we don’t have to put a paywall in place and could really use your support to keep afloat and make us able to keep a few of our staff employed and providing you with content and information. Please consider supporting us with any amount.