Lynn Pride Flag Raising – Lynn City Hall | Tuesday, June 22
Join Mayor Tom McGee and LGBTQI+ Leaders of Lynn to celebrate Pride Month. The Rainbow / Progress Pride flag representing the Lynn community will be raised over Lynn City Hall on Tuesday, June 22nd, 5pm at the front steps of Lynn City Hall, and will be followed by the lighting of rainbow lights in several of downtown Lynn’s underpasses.You are invited to witness it live in person, socially distanced, of course. They will also be live streaming it from the Queer Lynn Scene Facebook Pages and delayed telecast from LCTV.
Lynn Pride Panel & Mixer – Lynn Museum/Lynn Arts | Wednesday, June 23 at 6:00 pm
Join Queer Lynn Scene for a pride panel on the LGBTQ+ experience in Lynn and stay for a mixer in the courtyard at Lynn Museum/Lynn Arts! Reserve tickets today.
Rainbow Month Celebration with NAGLY | Multiple Dates
In Celebration of Rainbow month we are inviting NAGLY to conduct a story time with us! I hope you will bring a chair or blanket to join us! This is an outdoor event.
PEM Pride – All Month
Join the Peabody Essex Museum as they celebrate Pride Month with a series of special programs scheduled throughout June:
- Drop-in Art Making | Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 10:30 am – Create your own Pride Bunting — a decorative flag banner in celebration of Pride Month. New activities created by PEM’s education team debut every other Saturday at 10:30 am. Check out pem.org/get-creative-at-home for more.
- PEM Pals Story Hour (Virtual) | Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 10:30 am – Join Miss Bethany and special guest Mx. Doris for a special episode of PEM Pals! We will celebrate #PEMpride with songs, a reading of Julián is a Mermaid by Jessica Love and an art-making activity.
- Create Night (Virtual) | Thursday, June 17, 2021 @ 7:00 pm – Grab a beverage, invite a friend and join a PEM educator in real time from the comfort of your home! Join artist Luis Martin (art engineer) and his husband and partner-in-art, Elvis Infante, to create a visual narrative through collage. Luis and Elvis will guide you to create a collage by exploring contrast, scale and symbolism to celebrate your unique stories. Participants will receive a specially curated Collage Kit with various papers and images for you to explore, play and trigger your curiosity. Register Here
- Solstice Saturday | Forest Bathing Workshop in Ropes Mansion Garden | Saturday, June 19, 2021 @ 2:00 pm – Join Tam Willey, founder of Toadstool Walks, on a guided sensory experience of the Ropes Mansion Garden. Inspired by the Japanese practice of Shinrin-yoku, Forest Bathing is part of a global effort to tend to the stressful conditions of living in modern industrialized civilization by supporting health and healing for all beings.
- Historic House Talk with Renovation Husbands (Virtual) | Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 7:00 pm – Stephen and David St. Russell are husbands with a passion for renovating and reimagining historic houses. Their current project and home, an 1893 Queen Anne Victorian in the heart of Dorchester, is the most recent example of this couple’s talent to blend old and new. Join the St. Russell’s and Steven Mallory, PEM’s Manager of Historic Structures and Landscapes, live from the museum’s Gardner-Pingree House as they explore what it means to make a home in a house with history. Register Here
Marblehead Pride Flag Raising – Sunday, June 6th
This event has passed
Please join the community at Abbot Hall for the 3rd Annual Marblehead Pride Flag Raising Ceremony. They wil be coming together as members of the LGBTQIA+ community, family, allies, friends and neighbors to celebrate.
This event is sponsored by North Shore Pride
Drag Bingo at Peabody’s Black Box – Friday, June 11th
Join NAGLY (the North Shore Alliance for GLBTQ Youth) and Peabody’s Black Box Theater for a special night of bingo with drag queen hosts Maxine Harrison and Miss Michael. All proceeds will benefit NAGLY. Tickets are limited. Purchase your’s now so that you don’t miss this night of fun, laughter, and prizes!
This is a 21+ event with walk-up bar service.
North Shore Pride Community Forums: Pride Around the World – Thursday, June 3rd @ 7:00 pm
This event has passed.
For their monthly Community Forum Topic for the month of June, North Shore Pride is aware that every Pride celebration will be different this year due to COVID restrictions.
As such, North Shore Pride is celebrating Pride around the world by talking with Pride organizers throughout the world. In this Forum North Shore Pride will discuss how Pride’s around the world celebrate Pride in their respective countries. We will discuss how the Pride celebrations have been changed due to COVID and what Pride 2022 will look like for each of these countries.
Salem Pride Flag Raising – Thursday, June 3rd
This event has passed.
Join the Salem LGBTQIA2+ Community to celebrate Pride Month. The Pride flag representing the community will be raised in the square in front of the Salem Post Office. All are welcome.
This event is hosted by NAGLY.
Alice in Rainbowland Virtual Premiere – Thursday, June 10th, 2021
Queer Bodies in Motion Presents the virtual premiere of ALICE IN RAINBOWLAND on Thursday, June 10th at 8PM. Dedicated to Queer and Transgender youth in the community, ALICE is a reimagining of Lewis Carroll’s famous work as told through the medium of dance, music, and LGBTQIA2+ pride. Get Tickets
The Trustees Pride Outside Hike Series – Saturday, June 5, 2021
Come and explore early summer meadows and woodlands with The Trustees and McVAGLY (Merrimack Valley Alliance of GLBT Youth) on this weekend hike. The Stevens-to-Stevens trail connects the North Andover town common to Weir Hill. Among the highlights of the walk will be our strolls through a maple swamp, sweeping meadows, scenic vistas and Lake Cochichewick. We will enjoy the beauty of June in New England, learn some basic identification characteristics of trees, and also enjoy an activity provided by our friends at ReVision Energy.
PRIDE Night at Granite Coast Brewing – June 25th
It’s PRIDE Night at Granite Coast, hosted in partnership with NAGLY! Wear your PRIDE colors and come grab some resources and swag. Bring your own board games or cards.Food vendor Dotty & Rays will be on hand with over 12 craft beers on tap.
Masks are optional. Leashed pups are always welcome on the patio.
Peabody Pride Flag Raising – June 26
- Support Pride by Supporting Small Business
- Pronouns, Orientations, and Identities
- Queer and Trans Cosplayers: “We’re Here, We Exist”
- CelebrateAAPI – Move Forward, Break Through Barriers, Appreciate Where You Came From with Coco Alinsug
⛱ Capture the Summer with #SummerSnaps. This season, use the hashtag to be featured in our weekly Summer Snaps roundup.
We’ll also be featuring work from local photographers who know always know how to get the shot. 📸